Saturday 18 May 2013

Quilled jewellery box self made



Top view of the jewellery box

Quilling is a paper art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound with the help of a quilling tool to create a basic coil shape. The paper is then shaped n glued at the ends. Then these shapes are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various patterns to complete a design.

Side view of my box

Well I saw this box at one of my cousin's place and got so fascinated by it that I got on to making it the next day..for those of you who know quilling this is a very simple yet elegant design.

All u need:-
- a card board box to build up the box
- quilling tool
-quilling board
- red and green quilling strips
-fevicol or any other adhesive

I'll soon write about how I made the box n the basics of quilling. Read on to know lot more.

1 comment: